The Valley’s only “Miracle”, the nationally known brand of Christmas cocktail pop-up bars is returning to Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails and promises to be even bigger this year! From Nov. 25 to Christmas Day, holiday revelers around the Valley can descend on the downtown Phoenix hotspot as this year’s pop-up extends beyond the bar and transforms the entire restaurant into an over-the-top winter wonderland.
This year’s cocktail menu will feature nine Christmas concoctions, including a number of favorites from last year’s menu including:
- Snowball Old Fashioned ($16): Caramelized pecan bourbon, spiced molasses syrup, wormwood bitters and orange essence.
- Bad Santa ($14): Rum, Batavia Arrack, black chai tea, date-infused oat milk and vanilla syrup. Served hot.
- Koala-La La La, La La La La ($16): Gin, pine tea cordial, grapefruit oleo and Eucalyptus bitters.
- Gingerbread Flip ($16): Rye whiskey, gingerbread syrup, tiki bitters, whole egg and ginger snap cookie crumbs. *Bitches Food Club Favorite!*
- Yippie Ki Yay Mother F****r! ($16): Barbados rum, Cachaça, Trinidad Overproof Rum, purple yam, coconut orgeat and pineapple.
- Jingle Balls Nog ($14): Brown butter and cinnamon fat-washed cognac, Amontillado Sherry, almond milk, cream, sugar, egg, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Christmas Carol Barrel ($16): Blanco Tequila, coffee liqueur, cocoa-nib infused orange and cognac liqueur, iced hot chocolate and Mexican spices.
In addition to the cocktails, Executive Chef Dushyant Singh is also getting into the spirit by debuting five new dishes that will be added to the regular lunch and dinner menus throughout the season. These include the Baa, No Humbug ($18) with three lamb chops, curry pickled shallots, quince squash puree and house mint jelly; Holiday Fries ($9) with sweet potato frites, house spice dust and white barbecue sauce; Soup for You ($9) with roasted heirloom carrots, honey crisp apple soup, ginger espuma and apple chips. The popular Hammy Sammy from last year’s menu will also be making a comeback as the Bringing Hammy Back ($13) with black forest ham, speck, Havarti, Tillamook cheddar, brie poblano spread and Noble bread.
For those who feel one night of Miracle just won’t be enough, Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix is also offering the “Miracle Experience” stay package with best flexible rates starting from $179 per night. Available to book Monday Nov. 25, 2019 through Tuesday, December 24, 2019, the package includes overnight accommodations in a Deluxe Guestroom, a $50 dining credit at Blue Hound, two tickets to CitySkate at CityScape Phoenix with skate rentals included and two Miracle holiday mugs. To book a stay, visit Hotelpalomar-phoenix.com.
- Open Sunday to Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. and Friday and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Miracle, the beloved Christmas-themed pop-up bar launched in 2014 in New York City, is opening at Blue Hound and bringing a new cocktail menu with 12 seasonally-themed libations and shots served in a festive setting.
- Special events and table reservations can be booked by calling 602-258-0231.